The North American Quitline Consortium (NAQC) is a learning organization that helps to provide the research and resources necessary to positively and proactively reduce the impact tobacco use has on our society. For seven years, NAQC has been providing support to the quitline community to increase use, capacity and quality of quitline services in North America:
- Calls to state quitlines more than tripled between 2005 and 2009, from 359,000 to 1,038,000, and decreased by over 10% from 2009 to 2010 from 1,038,000 to 921,000.
- The median budget for quitline services increased in the U.S. by over 80% between 2005 and 2010. The median budget for Canadian quitline services increased nearly 10% between 2005 and 2008, and decreased by 67% from 2008 to 2010.
- In 2005, 60 North American quitlines offered proactive counseling. In 2009, all 63 offered such counseling, and in 2010 only 54 reported offering proactive counseling.
- Between 2005 and 2010, quitlines offering Internet-based services nearly doubled.
- Referrals to quitlines from healthcare providers increased nearly 650% in the U.S. and over 1000% in Canada between 2005 and 2010.
- In 2010, 74% of U.S quitlines offered free or discounted cessation medications as well as counseling.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Membership in NAQC is limited to organizations that are engaged in quitline work. However, the Corporate Roundtable provides an opportunity for organizations to be kept updated on the progress of quitlines and to engage in a dialogue on issues of importance to quitlines and cessation. By becoming a delegate to the Corporate Roundtable, your organization can directly contribute to NAQC’s impact and influence on cessation services.
Corporate Roundtable delegates serve in an advisory capacity to the NAQC, specifically giving input and providing guidance on cessation issues. Those eligible to serve as roundtable delegates include companies that produce and sell cessation medications, quitline evaluators, telephony providers, PR/media groups, and other select corporations.
Additional benefits to becoming a roundtable delegate include:
• An exhibit table at NAQC’s conference that showcases your organization
• An invitation to NAQC’s conference reception and the opportunity to network with members in attendance
• Acknowledgment of your involvement in the NAQC conference brochure and other conference materials
• Recognition on the NAQC website
• 15 hours of consultation with the CEO to discuss cessation strategy and plan joint projects
• Opportunities to engage and inform NAQC members about joint projects
For more information, please download our promotional brochure.
We would like to
thank our current Corporate Roundtable Delegates for their support and
commitment to NAQC!
GloxoSmithKline, Inc. Pfizer Inc. Novartis
Consumer Health, Inc.
To schedule a call to discuss becoming a roundtable delegate, please fill out the form below. Thank you for your interest in joining the NAQC's Corporate Roundtable and your commitment to the quitline community!