Don't Forget to Register - Beyond the 5 A's
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Posted by: Natalia Gromov
With just weeks to go before over 120 of your colleagues meet in Scottsdale, Arizona for Beyond the 5 A’s, have you registered yet?
Beyond the 5 A’s: Improving Cessation Interventions through Strengthened Training
reflects a growing body of evidence and practice related to designing, delivering, and monitoring tobacco cessation training to healthcare professionals and the importance of translating this growth in information and expertise into improved practice. While the 5 A’s andAsk, Advise, Refer (AAR)remain at the heart of our work, we have learned a great deal about the needs of specific populations, specific healthcare settings and specific types of healthcare providers that will shape our training design and delivery efforts into the future.Attend Beyond the 5 A'sTo Discover
- Reflect on recent progress made to improve cessation-related healthcare professional training and practice
- Translate lessons-learned into recommendations for quality training design and delivery
- Consider future strategies that may transform current practice (i.e., emerging technology)
- Facilitate networking across various systems to better share the expertise represented at the conference
- Foster shared-learning between conference participants
- Build collaborative efforts to create new and improved practices
- Strengthen participants’ knowledge and application of best and promising practices
- Create an environment of learning that is informative and educational to an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary audience
- Share successful approaches, strategies and techniques for improving the effectiveness and quality of cessation training for healthcare providers
Register now by visiting http://www.beyondthe5as.org/register.php
. Still not sure if this conference is right for you? Download the full conference agenda HERE
to learn more.
Questions? Contact Tamatha Thomas-Haase
We hope to see you in Scottsdale!