Healthy People 2020 Webinar on November 21
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Posted by: Natalia Gromov
the 45-minute call on November 21 at noon ET, presenters will provide an
overview of tobacco use prevalence, one of the 12 Leading Health Indicator
(LHI) topics released by the US Department of Health and Human Services. The
event will also highlight one program’s success at addressing tobacco use in
Series Learning Objectives:
1. To raise awareness of the Healthy People 2020 Leading Health Indicators (LHIs) and actions that can be taken to address them.
2. To examine the context in addressing each LHI topic.
3. To explore how states, communities, and organizations are addressing the LHIs using innovative and evidence-based approaches.
• LHI Topic Overview: Tobacco
• Who’s Leading the Leading Health Indicators? – Tobacco
Howard K. Koh, MD, MPH, Assistant Secretary for Health, HHS; Dr.
Tim McAfee, Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Office on
Smoking and Health.Register here!