Exciting New Developments From CVS Health!
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Posted by: Natalia Gromov
Please join NAQC in celebrating the launch of CVS’ new tobacco cessation initiative!
FIRST: CVS Caremark has changed its corporate name from CVS Caremark to CVS Health to reflect its broader health care commitment and its expertise in driving the innovations needed to shape the future of health. CVS has stated that it believes health is everything, and it is committed to changing the way health care is delivered by increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality. CVS believes that its new brand highlights its leadership in the health care community as it strives to be an ally in public health.
SECOND: As of today, CVS Health has officially ended the sale of tobacco products at its 7,700 stores across the country, nearly one month ahead of schedule. CVS has announced the launch of a comprehensive and uniquely personalized smoking cessation program to help millions of Americans quit smoking. The program, designed with input from national experts, will include four critical components: an assessment of the smoker’s readiness to quit, education to give smokers the information and tools they need to quit, medication support to help curb the desire to use tobacco and coaching to help individuals stay motivated and prevent relapses.
In recognition of these announcements, today CVS is starting a movement of tobacco-free living, using the social campaign #OneGoodReason to provide people with the chance to tell us why they are choosing to lead tobacco-free lives. Share your #OneGoodReason to be tobacco-free, and ask your stakeholders to do the same.
NAQC is working with CVS Health to schedule a webinar for members to discuss cessation activities. We will update you on date, time and agenda.
- Today, CVS/pharmacy is officially tobacco-free! All tobacco products have been removed from their 7,700 stores, making them the first and only national pharmacy chain to take this important step http://bit.ly/1vKOyJT
- CVS/pharmacy wanted to help everyone breathe a little easier, so they quit selling tobacco at their stores and created a comprehensive support program to help smokers quit, too.www.cvs.com/quit-smoking
- Congratulations to our partner in community health, CVS Caremark, who have announced their new corporate name: CVS Health. http://bit.ly/1vKOyJT
- Check out this new study released by CVS Health in@HealthAffairs that shows the enactment of policies to eliminate the sale of tobacco at retailers with pharmacies will lead to lower rates of smoking http://cvshealth.com/research
- Today CVS/pharmacy finished removing tobacco from its stores for #OneGoodReason: you! Stand with us & share why you live #TobaccoFree
- Want to breathe easier? Check out the new smoking cessation program from CVS Health.www.cvs.com/quit-smoking
- Congrats to our partner in #communityhealth, CVS Caremark, who announced their new corporate name, CVS Health. www.cvshealth.com
- New CVS Health study: policies to eliminate tobacco @ retailers w/pharmacies will lead to lower smoking rates http://bit.ly/1x7Ojdz