SAVE THE DATE: Interagency Committee on Smoking and Health (ICSH) Meeting, Tuesday, December 16!
Friday, December 12, 2014
Posted by: Natalia Gromov
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is pleased to announce the meeting of the Interagency Committee on Smoking and Health in accordance with section 10(a) (2) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92–463) as listed in the Federal Register.
You are invited to participate in a webinar of the Interagency Committee on Smoking and Health (ICSH) meeting scheduled for Tuesday, December 16, 2014.
The topic of the meeting is ‘‘Reducing Tobacco Use by Youth and Young Adults” and will identify specific actions that can be taken to prevent 5.6 million premature deaths from tobacco use among today’s youth.
WHEN AND WHERE:
Time: 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m., EST
Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Place: Capital Hilton, Federal AB Rooms located at 1001 16th, Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036 Telephone: (202) 393-1000
There will be an opportunity to make a public comment at 3:00 p.m. EST.
· In person: This event is open to the public with limited seating. To attend in person register with Ms. Monica Swann via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
· Via telephone only dial in below
· Via webinar, log info below:
Toll Free Telephone: (800) 779-4815
Audience passcode: 3074156
Participants can join directly or log in here using the following:
Conference number: PW9452765
Audience passcode: 3074156
If you are unable to participate a summary will be posted within 90 days of the meeting.
The Acting Surgeon General is the Chair of the Committee, with Simon McNabb, Senior Policy Advisor, Office on Smoking and Health, as the Designated Federal Official. The ICSH is composed of 21 members from 10 federal agencies and five public members.
This important committee advises leadership at the highest levels of government on:
· Coordination of research, educational programs, and other activities within HHS that relate to smoking and health, and;
· Coordination of these activities with other Federal, State, local, and private agencies
The committee also establishes and maintains liaisons with appropriate private entities, other Federal agencies, and State and local public agencies on smoking and health activities.
· RADM Boris D. Lushniak, MD, MPH, Acting U.S. Surgeon General
· MeLisa Creamer, PhD, MPH, Faculty Associate at the University of Texas School of Public Health Austin Regional Campus
· Brian King, PhD, Senior Scientific Advisor, Office on Smoking and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
· Corinne Husten, MD, MPH, Senior Medical Advisor, Center for Tobacco Products, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
· Kathy Crosby, Director, Health Communication and Education, Center for Tobacco Products U.S. Food and Drug Administration
· Dave Dobbins, JD, MPH, Chief Operating Officer, Legacy
· Eric Asche, Chief Marketing Officer, Legacy
· Gustavo Torrez, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
· Devan Ogburn, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids East Region Youth Advocate of the Year
· Maggie Mahoney, JD, Tobacco Control Legal Consortium
· Terry Pechacek, PhD, Professor of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health Georgia State University
If you need more information contact Monica Swann using the information below.
Source: Monica Swann, MPM, MBA
Office on Smoking and Health
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention