Recommended MDS Questions on Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) for Review and Feedback
Friday, July 17, 2015
Posted by: Natalia Gromov
Dear NAQC Members,
We are pleased to provide NAQC members with recommended MDS questions on Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) for your review and feedback. We ask that you submit your feedback byTuesday, July 28.
Background: NAQC proposed developing standard MDS questions on ENDS in its recent report onENDS. In May, NAQC convened the first meeting of the MDS ENDS workgroup. Between May and July, the workgroup members reviewed the literature, discussed current practices of state tobacco control programs and quitlines with regards to ENDS products, and developed recommendations for NAQC’s Minimal Data Set.
Request: NAQC requests your review and feedback on the draft recommendations. The feedback will be compiled by Maria Rudie, NAQC Research Manager, and shared with the MDS ENDS workgroup for review and discussion. Final decisions regarding the MDS will be made by NAQC.
All feedback and suggestions are welcome. In particular, NAQC seeks feedback on the following:
All feedback submitted will be given full review and consideration.
- Are the right questions being asked to assess use of E-cigarettes/ENDS by quitline callers?
- Are the right response options being captured?
- Does this list of recommendations strike the right balance between REQUIRED and OPTIONAL questions?
- Are there questions from the recommendations that should be added or deleted as REQUIRED MDS questions?
- Are there questions from the recommendations that should be added or deleted as OPTIONAL?
- Did the workgroup get it right? Is there additional information the MDS should seek to capture on use of E-cigarettes/ENDS by quitline callers?
Please send your feedback to Maria Rudie (email@example.com) by Tuesday, July 28. If you have questions or concerns about the draft recommendations or submitting feedback please contact Maria Rudie, NAQC Research Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or myself.
Linda A. Bailey, JD, MHS Maria Rudie, MPH
President and CEO Research Manager
North American Quitline Consortium North American Quitline Consortium
Phoenix, AZ Phoenix, AZ
Ph: 800.398.5489 ext 706 Ph: 800.398.5489 ext 704
Fax: 800.398.5489 Fax: 800.398.5489
Email: lbailey@NAQuitline.org Email: mrudie@NAQuitline.org