Deadline of February 29: Call for Manuscripts about Tobacco and Secondhand Smoke!
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Posted by: Natalia Gromov
The American Academy of Pediatrics Julius B. Richmond Center of Excellence is soliciting manuscripts to be featured in an upcoming special issue of Pediatrics. The special issue, edited by Sharon A. McGrath-Morrow, MD, MBA, FAAP and Karen M. Wilson, MD, MPH, FAAP will focus on secondhand smoke exposure (SHS) in children and families.
The supplement aims to provide an overview of current research surrounding SHS exposure in children, best practices to reduce SHS exposure, and strategies for pediatric clinicians to address tobacco and smoke exposure in practice. The supplement will also discuss the health impact of thirdhand smoke, exposure to marijuana smoke, and electronic cigarettes. The anticipated publication date for the supplement is fall 2016.
Potential Topics for Papers include:
Interested authors should submit an extended abstract (1-2 pages) by February 29, 2016. Abstracts can be submitted to Elizabeth Katta at email@example.com. Please contact Elizabeth if you have any questions or would like more information.
- Health outcomes of SHS exposure
- International impact of SHS on child health
- Clinical screening and interventions for parents and youth
- National attitudes about SHS and tobacco use
- SHS as a factor in poverty, health disparities, and toxic stress
- Impact of regulation and local, state and national policy on reducing SHS exposure
- Partnerships between physicians and policy makers
- Multi-unit housing and SHS
- Second- and thirdhand effects of electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS)
- Impact of secondhand marijuana smoke