Guide for Implementing eReferral Using Certified EHRs
Monday, February 29, 2016
Posted by: Natalia Gromov
Today, NAQC released an update to its 2015, Guide for Implementing eReferral Using Certified EHRs.As a reminder, the updated guide serves as a resource for quitlines and other cessation services that would like to establish referral systems with healthcare electronic health record (EHR) systems. This guide provides a recommended set of standards for implementing eReferrals between healthcare systems and providers of tobacco cessation counseling in a straightforward and efficient way. Features of this guide include:
Updates to the guide include:
- Translation of technical terms into layman’s terms;
- Background and recommendations on eReferral tailored to non-technical program staff audiences; and
- A recommended set of standards to serve as a roadmap for creating bi-directional eReferrals geared towards technical staff at quitlines, other cessation services and healthcare institutions.
For questions or additional information, please contact Tasha Moses, eReferral Manager email@example.com.
- More details on the content of information in the “progress notes” (see Tables 4 and 7); and
- A Feedback Form for users of the Guide to inform NAQC on how they used the Guide, provide any feedback on topics they feel should be clarified Guide, and/or to inform NAQC of any changes or errors in the Guide.
We encourage you to review the updated Guide and use the Feedback Form located in ‘Appendix I’ to provide feedback, suggestions, and comments for improving the accuracy or utility of this Guide. We hope the updated Guide continues to be helpful in your cessation work and look forward to hearing your feedback on the updates to this publication!
Tasha B. Moses
Program Manager, e-Referral