Opportunity for state quitlines to participate in research study
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Posted by: Natalia Gromov
NAQC would like to make its state quitline members aware of an opportunity to participate in CDC's Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) Tobacco Cessation project. Please see the announcement below from RTI:
RTI is excited to announce open enrollment for the CDC's Comparative Effectiveness Research (CER) Tobacco Cessation project.
All states and US territories are invited to participate in the Promotion Study of this important project. If you elect to participate, the CDC and RTI will work with your state's Tobacco Control Program (TCP) and Quitline service providers to:
We encourage all states to participate. We know there are a wide variety of strategies being used across the country to promote Quitline services, and understanding their implementation across many states will benefit the study and participating states greatly. We will ask study participants to provide information on media placements, web analytics, social media metrics, and will ask states for permission to access the Quitline data they have already submitted to the Data Warehouse.
- Examine the effectiveness of traditional and innovative Quitline promotional strategies to increase consumer demand of Quitline cessation services.
- Better understand the reach and utilization of all promotion strategies, including innovative methods, such as states' cessation Web sites, social media platforms, and mobile applications.
Some of the benefits of participating are:
If you would like to enroll your state or need more information about the study, please contact Heather Hagood (email@example.com/202-728-2043) from the RTI project team.
- Tailored state-specific quarterly reports based on promotional activities.
- Aggregated national data from other participating states on overall promotional activities.
- Study briefs – be the first to know about promotional activities showing promise in the field.
- Access to technical assistance to identify and implement web and social media resources or to gain a better understanding of web and social media metrics.