Since 2004, NAQC has conducted an annual survey of quitlines in North America. The information collected in the survey advances our understanding of quitline operations and services. By sharing information about quitline financing, counseling interventions, medication provision, utilization, staffing and evaluation, quitlines contribute greatly to the field. Aggregate results are shared with the quitline community and partners and help achieve NAQC's mission of monitoring overall progress of quitlines and promoting evidence based quitline services across diverse communities in North America.
Each year NAQC reviews the Annual Survey to determine if changes are needed. In 2016, NAQC convened a workgroup to provide feedback and recommendations on the FY2016 Annual Survey questions, field dates and presentation. We would like to thank the FY2016 Annual Survey workgroup for their thoughtful consideration and feedback on the survey! The FY2016 Annual Survey workgroup members were:
· Anne Rechlin, Cessation Specialist, Montana Tobacco Use Prevention Program
· Ann Wendland, MSL, Policy Analyst, New York State Dept. of Health
· Uma Nair, PhD, Assistant Professor, Arizona Smokers Helpline, University of Arizona
· Becky Lien, MPH, Senior Analyst, Professional Data Analysts
· Hilary Baca, Client Relationship Manager, National Jewish Health
· Kara Gordon, Director, Client Services, Optum
Although we had hoped to conduct the Annual Survey in Canada as well as the U.S. this year, Canadian funding has not come through for the survey. NAQC and Health Canada continue to discuss ways to monitor quitline progress in Canada.
FY2016 NAQC ANNUAL SURVEY TRAINING WEBINAR
The webinar took place on September 28, 2016 and materials are located below:
Slides and Recording
Webinar Learning Objectives Were To:
- Understand the major topics covered by the FY2016 Annual Survey;
- Understand the major changes from the FY2015 Annual Survey;
- Learn how to access the web data collection system and enter data;
- Learn where to find help if you have questions or concerns about the survey, or have technical difficulties with the web data collection system; and,
- Review how survey data will be used by NAQC and made available to the larger quitline community.
The survey is NOW OPEN and will close on November 4, 2016.
CORRECTION TO DIRECTIONS FOR EVALUATION QUESTIONS
As of Friday, September 30, the word/PDF versions of the FY2016 Annual Survey were updated to correct the directions for the questions in the Evaluation section. NAQC’s main objective for the questions in the Evaluation section is to obtain the most recent evaluation data for each state quitline, which has not been previously submitted to NAQC on an Annual Survey. If your state downloaded a copy of the FY2016 Annual Survey prior to Friday, September 30, please review the update directions on page 40.
Q&A for FY2016 Annual Survey
For all general, technical, and content related survey questions please e-mail email@example.com or call 800-398-5489 ext. 701.