Relationship of NAQC to the Pharmaceutical Industry
After careful consideration and input from NAQC members, the NAQC Board of Directors has approved the following policy statement to address the issues of pharmaceutical company membership in NAQC and acceptance of funding from pharmaceutical companies:OFFICIAL POLICY STATEMENT
NAQC does not accept as members the pharmaceutical industry, its employees and representatives. In addition, NAQC only accepts funding from the pharmaceutical industry under the following conditions:
- Unrestricted grants are the preferred funding mechanisms.
- Pharmaceutical company funding cannot account for more than 20% of NAQC’s annual budget in the year in which it is accepted. No single company’s funding can account for more than 5% of NAQC’s annual budget in the year in which it is accepted.
- No company shall be given an exclusive opportunity to fund a specific NAQC project.
- Disclosure of company funding will be made in a transparent and appropriate manner.
- No quid pro quo of access to the membership will be granted to companies for funding.
- NAQC will not endorse any company products. Identifying FDA-approved products by their generic name does not constitute an endorsement.
- NAQC’s website cannot include links to companies’ websites.
- NAQC cannot accept funding from companies for NAQC meeting expenses or for time/travel of meeting speakers.